Vantage Builders offers a full range of preconstruction, construction management and design-build services to corporations, small businesses, building owners, developers, property managers, entrepreneurs and institutions. For each project, we put together a custom team of specialists, including internal staff and subcontractors, best suited to ensure success, whether it is ground-up construction, a new retail space or an office renovation.
At Vantage Builders, we believe that preconstruction is one of the most important steps in the construction process; proper planning creates a solid foundation for the entire project. Prior to putting a shovel in the ground or a tool in hand, we start the preconstruction process. Collaborating during the design phase allows us to improve the overall constructability of the project, reduce any potential coordination gaps, and utilize an Integrated Project Delivery method. We work closely with the design team to determine the exact scope of the project: its business intent, feasibility, anticipated duration, and cost impact. Vantage Builders utilizes Target Value Design and Value Engineering, prioritizing client values and delivering cost vetting options while continuously evaluating budget and schedule. Collectively meeting as a team to share knowledge during the design phase allows us to establish the most efficient ways to execute and deliver a project while still achieving design goals. We are then able to create a reliable project schedule, identifying long lead time items and accurate estimates for every trade, minimizing potential change orders that could impact either throughout the construction phase.
Our pre-construction services include:
- Site inspection and due diligence
- Conceptual budgeting
- Site evaluation feasibility
- Construction cost estimating and concurrent estimating
- Preliminary planning
- Zoning and permitting
- Project scheduling and coordination
- Subcontractor bid evaluation and pre-qualification
- Procurement and purchasing
In the design-build model of project delivery, Vantage Builders acts as the lead for both the design and construction phases. This model offers an efficient project delivery, value engineering and open dialog that allows the client to customize their project every step of the way. The benefits of design-build help to shorten schedules and streamline communications. Vantage takes complete ownership of the project and supplies peace of mind to the client. We have extensive experience with this model, with both renovations and ground-up construction projects. Our relationships with the region’s top architects and engineers ensure that we assemble the best team required by each unique project.
Our design-build services include:
- Interviewing and hiring the architect/engineer
- Weekly project meetings
- Budget and schedule review
- Construction management
- Department head interviews
- Defining the scope of work needed on project
Our construction management team ensures that each project progresses smoothly, always with a keen eye on budget and schedule. The experience of our team members enables the rapid identification and resolution of unforeseen issues, while providing constant communication with the entire project team. The strong relationships that Vantage has built over the years with owners, subcontractors, engineers and architects help us maintain a superior level of project coordination and control. Vantage will have a dedicated project executive for the job to seamlessly handle any issues and a separate project manager to oversee daily operations. Our policy is to have a site superintendent on every project when work is occurring. This establishes not only a safe working environment and quality control, but also allows for open communication with client staff on day-to-day activities. A project engineer will assist both the superintendent and the project manager until the job is complete, on-time and on-budget. The work doesn’t always end when the final punch list item has been checked off. Our team remains available throughout the warranty period and beyond. We view each client as a long-term relationship and are committed to complete client satisfaction.
Our construction management services include:
- Design and implement complete safety program
- Interviewing, vetting and hiring the qualified subcontractors
- Supervising all outside companies and personnel
- Weekly subcontractor safety meetings utilizing industry-standard Toolbox Talks
- Ensuring outside companies adhere to Vantage safety protocols and providing safety updates
- Weekly project meetings with all team members, including subcontractors, engineers, architect and client
- Progress reports
- Coordinating with architects, engineers and city/town to obtain proper permits and inspections
- Maintaining a full set of job site records, including daily project reporting by superintendent, safety inspections, two-week look-ahead reports, updated schedule, submittal log, shop drawings, samples, ongoing as-built drawings, purchase orders, subcontractor change orders and contracts, certificates of insurance
- Providing a comprehensive digital set of close-out documents, including as-built drawings, guarantees and warranties, shop drawings, maintenance and equipment manuals, lien waivers, testing and balancing reports
- Occupancy coordination including assistance with the move, working with furniture supplier and voice/data vendor, equipment inspection, start-up and operational training
Vantage utilizes a project management platform, Procore Technologies, which allows everyone real time access to plans, specs, RFIs, submittals, daily reports, safety inspections and punchlist.
We utilize Microsoft Office for creating in depth project schedules which include preconstruction, procurement, construction and post construction activities.
Our construction team conducts weekly meetings with the client and A/E team to discuss project status, identify issues and determine next steps. Any schedule deviations are discussed and a plan is created to eliminate any impact to the project end date.
The on-site superintendent generates a two-week look-ahead schedule and reviews it with the project team each week to monitor activities and ensure that project goals are met.
Each week our superintendent sends a project update email to all key members of the project team. The emails include a project status, plans for the following week and photos from the site.